Best Radon Mitigation Fan Reviews 2017
Best Radon Mitigation Fans Reviews 2017
Best Radon Mitigation Fan Reviews 2017 – YOUR FINEST BUYING GUIDE
Look out for this space to find our best Radon Mitigation Fan Reviews and comparison charts to help you buy the best product suited for your needs.
Best Radon Mitigation Fans Reviews – Our Recommendations for 2017
Radon is a colourless, odourless, radioactive and a tasteless noble gas. It proves to be very harmful and generates from the soil to enter into your house over time. Of course, you cannot stop this leakage but you can surely monitor the levels (through digital/ manual radon detectors) and take corrective measures (through radon mitigation fans) for lowering them effectively. Hence the gas needs to be transported from its original source to somewhere outside your house.And what works best depends on the structure and age of your house. But to alleviate the radon gas from underneath your house you require a radon fan. Therefore, after an intense R&D, we ensure to offer you the best possible solutions for the most complicated problem.
Below we take you through our Radon Mitigation Fan Reviews with an approach of letting you make the right choice. There are several radon fans available in the markets that differ according to their affordability, suction and noise. Therefore here are Top 5 best radon mitigation fans which are easily available for you through Amazon:
|Sr No.||Product Image||Model||Recommendations||Ratings|
RADONAWAY (23030 – 1) RP145
RADON MITIGATION FAN (4”)
No. 1 Recommendation
Energy Efficient & Ultra quiet Operation.
( Read Full Review )
(5 / 5)
RADONAWAY (23005–1) GP501
RADON MITIGATION FAN (3”)
No. 2 Recommendation
Versatile & Broad Performance Range.
(Read Full Review)
(4.5 / 5)
FANTECH FR 100
INLINE CENTRIFUGAL DUCT FAN
MOLDED HOUSING, 122 CFM, 4”
No. 3 Recommendation
Duct Fan for Boosting Airflow in Attic & Crawl Space.
(Read Full Review)
(4 / 5)
FANTECH HP 2190
(4.5" DUCT & 163 CFM)
No. 4 Recommendation
Performance Suitable for Smaller Housing.
( Read Full Review )
(4 / 5)
SYSTEMAIR HP 190
(4/5"Duct, 157 CFM)
No. 5 Recommendation.
Specially Designed with Higher Pressure Capabilities
(Read Full Review )
(3.5 / 5)
Radon Mitigation Fans
Radon is a gas that’s invisible and forms inside the Earth’s crust. It actually surrounds each one of us as a part of the air that we breathe. Though it builds up in the lowest levels of a building but at times some buildings have a higher radon level at the top floors as well. This happens due to the building material used, the natural updraft or the artificial ventilation.
Radon is somewhat a heavier gas than the air we breathe. And generally, it doesn’t go up through the vent pipe all by itself. In such cases, you can install a radon mitigation fan on the vent pipe in the attic and effectively reduce the radon levels. And of course, measuring all the floors for radon helps you make healthier decisions. At last, it’s always advisable to spend more of the time on floors that contain lower radon levels.
Radon fans are basically specialised and sealed units that do not allow the radon gas flowing through them to break out. These fans are permitted in the garages, the unfinished attics or on the outside of a building.
One should use only the standardised radon mitigation fans. In the U.S. and Canada, there are Radon Away and Fan Tech amongst the prominent radon fan manufacturers. Their products are UV resistant, made of the UL listed durable plastic along with having a watertight electrical terminal box. They also contain high-efficiency EBM motorised impellers along with thermal overload protection.
RADONAWAY (23030 – 1) RP145 RADON MITIGATION FAN (4”)
Radonaway (23030-1)RP145 Radon mitigation fanis actually an energy efficient product that’s moisture resistant along with having an easy and straightforward installation.
• RP145 is HVI (Home Ventilation Institute) certified & is ETL (Electrical Testing Labs) listed.
• The product is rated for both commercial and residential usage.
• It can be mounted on a 3 or 4 inches schedule 40 PVC vent pipe.
• Works effectively on a sub-slab condition of 4 inches.
• It’s a superior quality product and is also durable.
• Designed for moderate to high air flow.
• And it makes an ultra quiet operation.
RADONAWAY (23005–1) GP501 RADON MITIGATION FAN (3”)
RandonAway (23005-1) GP501 Radon Mitigation fan (3″) is a high-quality durable radon mitigation fan. It works great round the year. And this fan proves to be an ideal choice when multiple suction points are required.
• Noise-free operation
• Easy installation.
• ETL (Electrical Testing Labs) Listed product.
• Works great for both indoor as well as outdoor residential usage.
• And the fan is fit for new constructions and retrofit systems. It’s also suitable for existing fan replacements.
FANTECH FR 100 INLINE CENTRIFUGAL DUCT FAN MOLDED HOUSING, 122 CFM, 4
Fantech FR 100 Inline centrifugal duct fanperforms flawlessly with 9 size airflow capacity ranging from 150 to 650 CFM. This fan ensures efficiency and does not let any molds or mildew develop. You can use this radon mitigation fan for multiple point exhaustion, as a duct fan for crawl space venting or to make-up the air supply.
• The CFM or the Air Flow Capacity is 122.
• This product is UL listed and is also CSA certified.
• The FR 100 centrifugal fan is 100% speed controllable.
• It completely goes unnoticeable when it comes to noise.
• The fan is suitable for air stream temperatures of up to 140°F.
• Such fans are widely used as booster fans to move the air from one room to another.
FANTECH HP 2190 BEST RADON MITIGATION FAN (4.5″ DUCT & 163 CFM)
FanTech HP 2190caters to the majority of the radon mitigation requirements. It fundamentally pulls the air all the way through the soil and not just wents the indoor atmosphere.
• The CFM or the Air Flow Capacity of this fan is 163.
• This radon mitigation fan has a duct size of 4 inches.
• Its average life expectancy is around 7 to 10 years that too under continuous load.
• It’s designed with a UL listed durable plastic suitable for smaller housing.
• The product is easy to use, comes with an easy to understand instructions manual for installation and functions absolutely noise free.
SYSTEMAIR HP 190 RADON FAN (4/5″Duct, 157 CFM)
Systemair HP 190 radon mitigation fan intends on working as an active soil depressurization a.k.a. ASD system for efficiently dropping the radon intensity.
• It can be used for 4/5 inches duct work.
• It also comes with a straight forward connection instructions guide.
• CFM or the Air Flow Capacity of the system air HP 190 radon fan is 157.
• It is also suitable for replacements of the existing radon ventilation fans.
• The radon mitigation fan makes a very quiet operation along with being sturdy and trustworthy.
• The system air HP 190 radon fan runs continuously & its life expectancy is around 5 to 10 years.