Here we bring to you the Airthings Wave radon gas detector Review, which is best for Home use. This device monitors the radon levels of indoor air quality. A close-range gesture in front of the sophisticated looking Wave activates an indicating light to alert the users of their home air quality. A real-time status can easily be accessed over the supported mobile app which get’s connected via Bluetooth. The Airthings Wave is a radon gas detector that’s developed for home usage and is for every age user.
Airthings Wave Radon Gas Detector Review
Radon gas is one of the most critical components in your home that destroys indoor air quality. But Wave perfectly fits in every home and can be comfortably utilised by each user. Supporting a battery life of 1.5 years and displaying results in just an hour, Wave is accurate, unaffected by external factors, is efficient in what it has to go along with visually indicating radon levels through tricolour LEDs!
What is Airthings Wave Radon Gas Detector?
Airthings Wave Radon Detector is an innovative and Smart radon gas detector that effectively works in diagnosing the radon levels in your home surroundings. Functioning with or without a smartphone you simply wave a hand in front of the detector and effortlessly get a visual indication of the radon levels. In the end, you get detailed statistics displayed on your smartphone or a tablet through Bluetooth connectivity.
How does Airthings Wave Radon Gas Detector work?
The device is capable of bringing light into darker places. Yes, for the first time ever you would be able to see the radon levels even in dark! A simple palm wave gesture in front of the detector and you will get a warning sign about the radon gas intensity of that particular area. This gets done in the form of a ring light that flashes three different colours to indicate various levels. The “Green” colour light displays healthy radon levels, “ Yellow” light warns you of temporarily high levels whereas the “Red” light indicates dangerously unhealthy radon levels.
You can very easily mount wave to the walls or ceiling of your house and start the device by putting in two AA batteries. There are absolutely no hassles of wiring the device. All you need is (single) screwing the device to the wall and thanks to its potent magnets (built-in) they keep the wave connected with the base. Download the application, connect via Bluetooth and Wave is good to go!
Airthings Wave Radon Detector Specifications
- Wave is designed specifically for home users
- Easy installation
- It’s Affordable
- Detailed hourly reading is provided by the device
- One day to seven days or a year’s average reading is displayed
- Battery-powered, 1.5-year life
- Built-in temperature & humidity sensors
- Makes use of digital sensors
- Can be run via iOS and Android app providing wireless connectivity
- Seamlessly allows for Bluetooth connectivity along with automatic updates
- Intuitive colour-coded visual indications are set
- Emits an audio alert when detecting radon levels and even on low battery
- Wave is available at the same price as that of Airthings Corentium Home
Benefits of Using Airthings Wave Radon Gas Detector
- Provides Bluetooth connectivity
- Longer battery life
- Imperative and a significant differentiator with the real-time data provided
- Unaffected by humidity or any other external factors and radiations
- Offers visual indication for warning against increasing radon levels and instant visibility even under low to no lighting conditions
- Determines the potential impact or mitigation after continuous monitoring
- The user gets notified via mobile app only when he/ she within a radius of 50 feet
- At this price point, Wave gives you more features than the Airthings Corentium Home radon detector
- IoT enabled sensors also makes it worth the $200 price tag
What’s Not Good
- No pressure, tilt and accelerometer sensors
- Does not support extra storage facility
- You do not get USB connectivity
- A little expensive as $200 is a lot of money for simplistic features
Airthings manufactures only accurate and user-friendly (Home & commercial) radon detectors that provide the most precise results for protecting your health and promoting safety. The company works with a mission of having every home radon free and make the detection process more prevalent, simple and affordable!
Established in 2008, Airthings is a Norway – based technology company that develops and manufactures products to easily identify and monitor radon levels in the indoor air. With the mission to ensure that people around the world take control of their air quality, Airthings safeguard’s your homes and business spaces. It gives you affordable, simple and accurate solutions.
Frequently asked questions for Airthings Wave Radon Gas Detector