Radonaway (23030 – 1) RP145 Radon Mitigation Fan (4″ Inch) Reviews
Here we bring to you RadonAway (23030-1) RP145 Radon Mitigation Fan Review user friendly and greatest home radon ventilation fan – RP145 for better performance and increased versatility.
What is Radon Away RP145 Radon Mitigation Fan?
RadonAway RP145 is a well-accepted radon mitigation fan that intends on working as an active soil depressurization system for plummeting the unsafe radon gas. This mitigation fan is an ideal choice for both new constructions as well as the retrofit radon systems.
How does RadonAway RP145 Radon Mitigation Fan work?
This RP Series Radon Mitigation Fan can be mounted both indoors as well as outdoors. One should follow the EPA recommendations for choosing the fan location. The fan can be directly mounted on the system pipe or be fastened to a support structure by the means of any non-compulsory mounting bracket. Mount the fan vertically with the outlet facing upwards. Assure that the unit is at level and plumb. Make sure that the radon mitigation fan doesn’t contact any building surface when mounting directly on the system pipe. This avoids the vibration noise if any.
Also make sure to seal all the major openings, cracks or any sort of penetrations in the building slab while installing active soil depressurisation system for radon reduction. And fan sizing for the retrofits may require professional designing and diagnostics.
Radonaway (23030 – 1) RP145 Radon Mitigation Fan (4”) Reviews
Specifications Radonaway (23030 -1 )RP 145 Radon Mitigation Fan
- 3000 RPM
- RP145 offers a higher air flow.
- It makes an ultra quiet operation.
- Functions on a thermal protection motor.
- It is an energy efficient radon mitigation fan.
- Can be used both outdoors as well as indoors.
- Utilizes water hardened motorized impeller.
- RP145 is a moisture resistant radon mitigation fan.
- Works effectively on a sub slab condition of 4 inches.
- It requires a membrane dimension of up to 2500 sq. ft.
- You can use the 3 x 4 inches or 4 x 4 inches flexible couplings.
- It can be mounted on a 3 or 4 inches schedule 40 PVC vent pipe.
Benefits of using Radonaway RP145 Radon Mitigation Fan
- 5-year limited manufacturer warranty.
- Designed for moderate to good air flow.
- Has an easy and straightforward installation.
- It’s a superior quality product and is also durable.
- It gets through all the electrical code requirements.
- RP145 is HVI (Home Ventilation Institute) certified.
- It is also an ETL (Electrical Testing Labs) listed product.
- The product is rated for both commercial and residential usage.
- And it runs on double snap-sealed seams for restraining the radon leakage.
What’s not good in Radonaway RP145 Radon Mitigation Fan
Maximum users are satisfied with the product and it’s functioning. The only minus points (that’s also a positive) is that all the RP series radon mitigation fans work so silently that the user never comes to know in case it stops (due to any reason). You always need to keep a routine check on the fan to ensure that it’s working.
It was around 25 years back that RadonAway introduced its very first radon-specific mitigation fan. Since then, all their fans have been reliable, well accepted and effective. RadonAway values its commitment and hence provides with only high-quality fans, supplies and other such accessories backed up by rapid technical support.