Who would mind this extra care for our loved ones?
That’s why it’s advisable to have a gas leak detector in the house for the safety of our loved ones
Let me tell you more about a CD100A Combustible Gas Leak Detector.
Introduction Of UEI Test Instruments CD100A Combustible Gas Leak Detector
The UEi CD100A Combustible Gas Leak Detector is the perfect tool designed to detect combustible gas leaks for residence purposes and in small markets. The semiconductor sensor responds spontaneously to all combustible gases.
This has an easily adjustable and steady tic rate that provides a precise indication of the leak fount. The detector is not limited to Acetone, industrial solvents, alcohol, jet fuel, ammonia, lacquer, thinners, benzene, methane, butane, naphtha, ethylene oxide, natural gas, gasoline-petrol, propane, halon, refrigerants, hydrogen sulfide, and toluene.
The CD100A can be used in tight quarters where others might not serve the purpose so well.
It is used for mainly a plumbing and gas-detecting purposes. This leak detector is factory calibrated for methane in the air as mentioned in the user manual.
It never harms to remain a little extra cautious when it comes to the safety of you and your loved ones and therefore, it is imperative that you always keep a gas leak detector in the house. Several products have this use doing the rounds in the market, but it is important that you make an informed decision on which one it is that best serves your purpose. One of the products that have created quite a buzz in the global market in recent times is the UEI Test Instruments CD100A Combustible Gas Leak Detector Review for your convenience.
UEI Test Instruments CD100A Combustible Gas Leak Detector Review
Importance Of UEI Test Instruments CD100A Combustible Gas Leak Detector
It will do you good to gather a fair bit of knowledge about what it is that this item is used for before making the purchase and therefore you should know that the principal use of this product is to detect all kinds of potentially hazardous gas leaks that may have occurred inside components that are closed and cannot be easily detected with gas leaks. You should also be made aware of the fact that leaks do not necessarily occur due to wear and tear of the component but can also result from inadequate welds, bad fittings, and poorly adjusted seals. Such leaks because they are not treated at their inception keep becoming bigger and are rather expensive to repair. Having such a product handy will enable you to treat the problem before hazardous gas leaks become an affair of much trouble and expense, get your hands on it without delay.
Description Of UEI Test Instruments CD100A Combustible Gas Leak Detector
It is wise to find out a little bit about the product that you are looking to invest in based on just online information and infographics.
- This product is useful for professional engineers specializing in services to detect gas leaks that are combustible.
- This product also comes with a sensor that gets illuminated around the area which has been affected by gas leaks and brings about a rapid response.
- The product is also rather adjustable and can put the finger on the precise locations of the leak.
Features Of UEI Test Instruments CD100A Combustible Gas Leak Detector
- This product comes with a work light fitted on top of the sensor which can illuminate the area that is being probed whenever necessary.
- One of the most important features of this product is that it contains an adjustable as also visual tic rate for better comprehension.
- It also contains a headphone jack for when the device needs to remain hands-free for better probing.
Specifications of UEI Test Instruments CD100A Combustible Gas Leak Detector
- This product comes with a model number CD100A
- The product has dimensions of 3.5 x 9.5 x 1.4 inches
- You will be required to configure the item with a 19 volts battery.
- The product has a yellow-colored body.
- It also contains an LED display and is powered by a battery.
- One of this product’s special features contains an eighteen-inch flexible probe for maximum mobility.
- This product is commonly used for plumbing and gas utility purposes.
- It comes in handy for firefighting.
- Has really low maintenance features which makes it a one-time expenditure
- Comes with Four years of warranty from the manufacturer which is quite a bonus
- This product does not ship to international locations.
- Item packaging does not reveal what is inside of it at the time of delivery.
- Has a low battery life of only fifteen hours.
Frequently Asked Questions for UEI CD 100A gas leak detector- FAQ
Q1.Does it detect refrigerants? R12, R22 and R134?
Answer: Yes, it detects refrigerants.
Q2.How to use a CD100A Combustible Gas Leak Detector?
Answer: Turn on the gas leak detector and let it warm up for 10 seconds in the open air. Pointing the gooseneck toward suspected areas. The detector being well designed will provide both audio and visual cues by increasing the tic rate if the leak is detected. The Gas Leak detector can be used for both industrial and residential environments
Q3.Can it detect sewer gas?
Answer: The user manual lists the gases it detects. Among them are hydrogen sulfide, ammonia, and methane. These are three of the main components of sewer gas. So yes, this gadget does detect sewer gas. Minimum detection of 50 ppm methane for this item.
Q4.How do you know what kind of gas it’s detecting?
Answer: CD100A is just like a majority designed to detect general combustible gas. It cannot detect which particular gas, as comes with one sensor only. It tells you about the presence or a leak of combustible gas, or gas that can be ignited. As a tester, it served the purpose of warning users about the presence of dangerous gases, which can cause fire fender-bender.
Q4.Does this recharge, or have replaceable batteries?
Answer: Replaceable batteries that last long and serve the purpose well. Great tool! You can buy those batteries from Amazon. You can replace it yourself
Q5.How long do you need to warm up?
Answer. Notes from the User manual: Adjust to slow uniform tic rate with the use of the thumbwheel (approximately two ticks per second). This sets the instrument to the background level. Start your testing by setting the instrument in the fresh air. The red LED indicator will flash in correspondence with the tic rate. Allow about 10 seconds for the sensor to stabilize indicated by a steady tic rate. (It may require up to two minutes to stabilize).
Q6.To be clear, will this pick up CO (carbon monoxide) in addition to those chemicals listed? If so, what range of gas levels can it detect?
Answer: “The CD100A does not detect CO”. And it starts detecting combustible gases at 50ppm or more.”
Q7.What are the signs that indicate the sensor needs to be changed?
Answer: The tic rate becomes uncontrollable and probably shows the sensor needs to be changed
Q8.Can you manually change the sensor by yourself?
Answer: Yes you can change the sensor by yourself. All you have to do is
- Turn the unit- off.
- Pull off the top half of the sensor housing (Pushing to the one side aids removal.)
- With care, move ” the Tip Light” LED to one side to gain access to the sensor (small silver can)
- Unplug the sensor and replace it with a new one
Note: The above instructions are provided in the user manual.
It will do you good to consider this product for commercial and residential purposes even with its few limitations because it is quite a good deal for the rice that it comes for and because it lasts quite long. Buying this product is also wise for the simple reason that it detects gas leaks much before they become quite hazardous and combustible incurring quite a bit of an expense. This product is also a smart expenditure because it serves the purpose of several other emergency utilities. Therefore, rest assured after buying this product because it is for the reason that they are all the rage right now in the market.