Best HVAC Refrigerant freon Leak Detectors Reviews– 2017 Buying Guide
Best HVAC Refrigerant Freon Leak Detectors Reviews- 2017 Buying Guide
Detecting the Refrigerant leaks is the most challenging job of the HVAC technicians. The ability to identify and rectify the issue with any refrigerator is the primary skill of an HVAC technician. To help them to detect the Refrigerant leak, the HVAC Refrigerant Leak Detectors come to rescue.
In this post, we will discuss using the Best Leak Detectors for Refrigerants and also share some of the best Refrigerant Leak Detectors available in the Market.
Some conventional methods are used by the most of the HVAC Technicians for detecting the Refrigerant leak. Here are these conventional techniques to identify the leakage of the Refrigerant.
Common Methods of Refrigerant Leak Detection
- Soap and Water
Applying the soap and water to the suspected area of leakage is the most straightforward method to detect the leakage. Using the soap and water to the suspected area will automatically create bubbles, indicating the leakage of refrigerant.
- Ultra-Violet Rays
The UV Rays are the best to detect the leakage of refrigerants. The UV dye is applied on the suspected part and then it’s checked with the UV Rays to detect the Leakage.
- Electronic Tools
The electronic tools are the most efficient to detect any leakage of refrigerants. The HVAC Refrigerant Leak Detectors are known as the best tools to identify the leakage immediately.
In this post, we will share some of the best HVAC Leak Detectors for Refrigerant leakage checker.
Why Use Leak Detector?
The different refrigeration systems use different refrigerants. When an appliance loses its coolant, the system enables to perform at full potential. You can notice the same when the Refrigerator does not cool efficiently at higher levels, or the warm house even when the Air Conditioning is running at lower temperatures.
This is the issues which arise when the system is used for domestic use. When the Refrigeration system is used for the industrial purposes, then the problems become worse than expected. The issues arise like the reducing comfort level in the office environment, spoiling of products and others.
Also, the Refrigerants that are used in the system are the greenhouse gases and harmful for the environment. So, detecting and fixing the Leakage of Refrigerant is very important.
With the Leak Detector Tools, you can identify the leaks and then start repairing it for good. With the Good Leak Detector tool, which is ranging from the $30 to $300 in the markets. But, what are the benefits of buying the right and expensive Leak Detector over a cheap one?
Well, the Cheap Leak Detectors are not much efficient than the others. The Cheap ones do not work correctly in the most excellent hour of need or come with fewer features. So, using the best Leak Detectors to find Refrigerant leak is crucial.
Advantages of Buying Best Leak Detector for Refrigerant
- Fast Detection – The Best Leak Detectors are made up of the high-quality sensors, which can detect the leakage within few seconds.
- Detect Different Chemicals – The Expensive Leak Detectors can easily detect different types of refrigerant chemicals used. The Best Leak Detectors can detect the CFC, HFC and HFC blends pretty easily.
- Safe Operation for Long-Term – Purchasing the Leak detector is like the long-term investment for an HVAC technician. The Best Leak Detectors will easily last for years without showing any problems and giving you the accurate results.
Now, you know all of the benefits of buying the best Leak Detector. It’s time to share the list of best HVAC Refrigerant Leak Detectors which are best for the price range.
Best Refrigerant Leak Detectors
Finding the Best Refrigerant Leak Detector tools is the little-complicated task for any Technician. We have researched by ourselves and compiled the list of top Five refrigerant Leak Detector, which every HVAC Technician should keep any of these in his Toolbox. Here are the Best leak Detectors, that’ll be the Bang for Bucks if you decide to buy them.
- Fieldpiece Heated Diode Refrigerant Leak Detector – SRL8
- LotFancy HFC CFC Leak Detector Refrigerant Halogen R134a R410a R22a
- Mengshen HFC CFC Leak Detector
- Inficon TEK-Mate 705-202- G1 Refrigerant Leak Detector
- Robinair TIFXL – 1A Refrigerant Leak Detector
- Bacharach Informant 2 Dual Purpose Detector
Fieldpiece Heated Diode Refrigerant Leak Detector – SRL8
The Fieldpiece Heated Diode Leak Detector is best in the higher price range of the Detectors. With the Heated Diode at the detection tip, the tool can detect almost all kinds of leaks, which may have chemicals like the CFC, HFC, HCFC and also the HFC blends, which are harmful to the environment. With the Heated Diode, this Leak Detector can quickly detect the leakage and then you can fix it.
Features of Fieldpiece Heated Diode Leak Detector – SRL8
- The filter at the tip of detection tip will prevent any dust or the moisture to clog the sensor of this Detector.
- Quick Setup is one of the best features of this Leak Detector. You can power up and set up this Leak Detector to check the leakage within 30 seconds.
- This tool supports the Manual and Automatic Zeroing between the two detection cycles every 2 seconds.
- The Long Lasting and powerful battery of the Fieldpiece Heated Diode Leak Detector will last for two days of continuous days. A Pretty useful feature if you are working in remote areas.
- This Refrigerant Leak Detector comes in a rugged casing, which protects it from the harsh environment. Also, the Magnetic Hanger is helpful if you want to hang it on any metal surface.
- This Leak Detector supports the three sensitivity levels, i.e., 0.1oz/yr to 6.6oz/yr.
- You can get additional accessories with this Leak Detector like the O Rings, Replacement Sensor Filter, and flexible Extension cord.
Most of the HVAC technicians who are using the Fieldpiece Heated Diode Leak Detector gave positive reviews about the accuracy and the rigidity of this tool.
LotFancy HFC CFC Leak Detector Refrigerant Halogen R134a R410a R22a
If you are looking for any low-cost Refrigerant leak detector, then this LotFancy indicator is the one for you. The compact design of this leak detector is its plus point.
The LotFancy Leak Detector comes with the flexible hose with the Detector sensors on the tip of it. THe Hose is covered with the Stainless steel for flexibility and durability. The LotFancy leak detector has the Sensitivity adjustment dial, which allows you to adjust the sensitivity. Once the sensor detects the refrigerant in the air, it’ll trigger a buzzer.
The LotFancy Leak Detector is powered by the two AA sized batteries. With the power, this detector sucks air inside the housing and passes it through the sensors and other electrical components to analyze if there is any refrigerant leaked in the air.
This Leak Detector is compact and sturdy for the long-term use. Also, as it is small and powered by the DC electricity, this Leak Detector is suitable for operations in remote areas.
Mengshen HFC CFC Leak Detector
The Menshen HFC CFC Leak Detector is yet another leak detector which is made for the Technicians with a low budget. The Mengshen Leak Detector is a compact and straightforward Leak Detector in the mid-range price tag.
The Mengshen Leak Detector sucks the sample of surrounding air through the flexible hose, and the sensor analyses the sample for any refrigerant indications. If found, the LED included will light up to indicate the detected leak.
The Mengshen Leak Detector has the Low/High sensitivity adjustment for detecting the gas in different concentration. Also, with each use, the Detector can be reset to avoid any false readings.
As this Leak Detector runs on the DC power from 2AA batteries, we have to be careful about not leaving it idle for a long time. Thanks to the Mengshen, the Leak Detector comes with Auto ON/OFF feature, that’ll turn OFF the detector if not used for a long time.
This is a small leak detector under the price tag of $100. If you are on low budget, then this is an excellent choice for you.
INFICON TEK-Mate 705-202-G1 Refrigerant Leak Detector
The INFICON TEK-Mate Leak Detector is one of the only leak detectors with the High-Temperature Ceramic substrate sensor capable of detecting CFCs, HFCs, and all type of CFC and HFC Blends that are harmful to the environment.
This Leak Detector is suitable to detect small-scale leaks and also the industrial leaks efficiently.
Feature of INFICON TEK-Mate 705-202-G1 Leak Detector
- The High Sensitive Ceramic substrate sensor to detect any refrigerant leak.
- Can detect all type of Refrigerants like CFC, HFC, HCFC and their blends.
- You can Adjust the sensitivity while detecting the leak.
- The Indicator LED lights up when the Detector detects any leak in the air.
- Flexible hose at the top of the Detector gives it accessibility in the compact areas.
The INFICON TEK-Mate Refrigerant Leak Detector is an excellent mid-ranged Leak Detector for an HVAC Technician.
Robinair TIFXL – 1A Refrigerant Leak Detector
The Robinair TIFXL – 1A Leak Detector is most advanced than all of the refrigerant leak detectors. This Leak Detector makes use of advanced Microprocessor technology to detect the leakage of the wide variety of refrigerants including R134, R410, etc.
Features of Robinair TIFXL -1A Refrigerant Leak Detector
- The Extra-Long probe with sensor detects all of the refrigerants including the Halogenated refrigerants easily.
- The Extreme Sensitivity of this Leak Detector allows you to detect the smallest amount of leakage in the air.
- The Detector has the ergonomic and comfortable design with the Portable and Long-lasting battery power source.
- The Robinair TIFXL -1A Leak Detector high sampling frequency, which makes leak detection faster than any other tool.
The Robinair TIFXL -1A is a reasonably priced leak detector in its price range.
Robinair 22791 InfraRed Refrigerant Leak Detector
Another Refrigerant Leak Detector from the Robinair is here. The Robinair 22791 InfraRed Refrigerant Leak Detector is in the expensive price range. This Leak Detector is very much sensitive and can detect the leaks that others can’t and also locates the area from where the gases are leaking.
Best Features of Robinair 22791 Leak Detector
- The Robinair 22791 Leak Detector can find any refrigerant leak within few seconds.
- The Infrared sensor of this leak detector has the life expectancy of minimum ten years.
- Comes with Visual and Audio indicators to locate the leakage.
- The Sturdy design with the magnetic hanger allows technicians to hang it on any metal surface.
- Gets its power from the Rechargeable Lithium-ion battery which lasts for 8 hours with the single charge.
If you are looking for an expensive and high-end tool to detect any advanced leakage of refrigerants.
Bacharach Informant 2 Dual Purpose Leak Detector
The Bacharach is known company manufacturing the High-end and expensive Leak Detectors. The Bacharach Informant 2 Dual Purpose Leak Detector not only detects the Refrigerant leaks but also identifies the combustible gases leakage. This Leak Detector is useful for detecting the Refrigerant leaks and even any flammable leaks to prevent any mishaps.
This is a Dual Purpose Leak Detector and can be switched to detect combustibles and Refrigerants within few seconds. You just need to change the tip of this detector to detect the refrigerants or the combustibles. The Bacharach Informant 2 Leak Detector comes with two adjustable probes, which will help you to reach in the small areas to find the leakage.
This leak detector gets its power from the 4AA batteries, which will power it up for nearly 4-5 hours of continuous usage. If you are going to use it for a long time, it is better to have spare batteries for the emergency.
With the rapid response time of 2/10th of a second and audio/visual feedback after detecting the leakage is the best thing about this leak detector. The life expectancy of the Refrigerant sensor is ten years, and for the combustible sensor, it is the five years.
Conclusion | Best Refrigerant Leak Detectors
These are some of the best Refrigerant Leak Detectors ranging in different price range. If you are looking for a worthy companion to detect the residential and industrial leakages, then you should use any of these leak detectors. These Leak Detectors are the best addition in the HVAC Technicians Toolbox.