Best HVAC Refrigerant freon Leak Detectors Reviews– Updated 2020 Buying Guide
Best HVAC Refrigerant Freon Leak Detectors Reviews 2020 Buying Guide. Find our HVAC Refrigerant Freon Leak Detectors detector reviews, comparison charts, and buying guides to help you buy the best HVAC Refrigerant Freon Leak Detectors for your needs.
Detecting Refrigerant leaks is the most challenging job of HVAC technicians. The ability to identify and rectify the issue with any refrigerator is the primary skill of an HVAC technician. To help them to detect the Refrigerant leak, the Best HVAC Refrigerant Freon Leak Detectors come to rescue. The Leak Detectors are the HVAC technician’s best friend. Just like the famous quotation “ Choose your best friends wisely,” an HVAC technician needs to choose a Best Refrigerant Leakage Freon Detector for his toolbox.
In this post, we will discuss using the Best Leak Detectors for Refrigerants and also share some of the best Refrigerant Leak Detectors available in the Market.
Best HVAC Refrigerant Freon Leak Detectors Reviews- Updated 2020
*NS:- You can Sort table by Reviews or By Rating Also.
#Types of HVAC Refrigerant Freon Refrigerant Leak Detectors
- Corona Suppression – Corona Suppression is one of the oldest technology used to detect refrigerant leakage. In this method, the device creates high-voltage corona on the tip of the detection sensor. When the Corona is interrupted by any of the Refrigerant in the air, then the device triggers the alarm.
- Heated Diode – In the Heated Diode method, the surrounding air is sucked into the machine and then heated it to break the molecules of refrigerant apart. When the Refrigerant contaminated air is heated, the molecules of-of Chlorine and Fluorine, which are the positively charged ions will separate. The Heated diode will sense the presence of these positively charged Chlorine and Fluorine ions and trigger the alarm.
- Ultrasonic – The Ultrasonic Leak Detectors is one of the innovations in the markets. These leak detectors do not sense the refrigerants in the air but detect the ultrasonic sounds from the machine that is leaking the refrigerants. Every leakage has a similar sound, and it is not audible by the human ear. So, these leak detectors will detect the ultrasonic sounds of leakage and trigger an alarm.
In this post, we will share some of the Best HVAC Leak Detectors for Refrigerant leakage checker Reviews.
#Why Use HVAC Refrigerant Freon Leak Detector?
The different refrigeration systems use different refrigerants. When an appliance loses its coolant, the system enables it to perform at full potential. You can notice the same when the Refrigerator does not cool efficiently at higher levels, or the warm house even when the Air Conditioning is running at lower temperatures.
There are issues that arise when the system is used for domestic use. When the Refrigeration system is used for industrial purposes, then the problems become worse than expected. The issues arise from the reducing comfort level in the office environment, spoiling of products, and others.
Also, the Refrigerants that are used in the system are the greenhouse gases and harmful to the environment. So, detecting and fixing the Leakage of Refrigerant is very important.
With the Leak Detector Tools, you can identify the leaks and then start repairing it for good. With the Good Leak Detector tool, which is ranging from $30 to $300 in the markets. But, what are the benefits of buying the right and expensive Leak Detector over a cheap one?
Well, the Cheap Leak Detectors are not much efficient than the others. Cheap ones do not work correctly in the most excellent hour of need or come with fewer features. So, using the best Leak Detectors to find a Refrigerant leak is crucial.
#Advantages of Buying Best HVAC Leak Detector for Refrigerant
- Fast Detection – The Best Leak Detectors are made up of high-quality sensors, which can detect the leakage within a few seconds.
- Detect Different Chemicals – The Expensive Leak Detectors can easily detect different types of refrigerant chemicals used. The Best Leak Detectors can detect the CFC, HFC, and HFC blends pretty easily.
- Safe Operation for Long-Term – Purchasing the Leak detector is the long-term investment for an HVAC technician. The Best Leak Detectors will easily last for years without showing any problems and giving you accurate results.
Now, you know all of the benefits of buying the best Leak Detector. It’s time to share the list of best HVAC Refrigerant Leak Detectors which are best for the price range.
#Best Top HVAC Refrigerant Leak Detectors Reviews: Updated 2020
Finding the Best Refrigerant Leak Detector tools is the little-complicated task for any Technician. We have researched by ourselves and compiled the list of Top HVAC Refrigerant Leak Detector, which each HVAC Technician should keep one of these in his Toolbox. Here are the Best leak Detectors, that’ll be the Bang for Bucks if you decide to purchase them.
- Fieldpiece Heated Diode Refrigerant Leak Detector – SRL8.
- LotFancy HFC CFC Leak Detector Refrigerant Halogen R134a R410a R22a.
- Signstek Portable AC Refrigerant Halogen Gas Leak Detector.
- Inficon TEK-Mate 705-202- G1 Refrigerant Leak Detector.
- Robinair TIFXL – 1A Refrigerant Leak Detector.
- Robinair 22791 InfraRed Refrigerant Leak Detector.
- Bacharach Informant 2 Dual Purpose Detector.
1.Fieldpiece Heated Diode Refrigerant Leak Detector Review – SRL8
The Fieldpiece SRL8 Leak Detector is based on the Heated Diode technology. This Leak Detector is pretty quick is sensing the leakage in the air and triggers the alarm as soon as it detects. The Fieldpiece SRL8 Leak Detector is able to find the leakage of CFC, HFCs, and the blends of both.
As it is the Heated Diode based Refrigerant Leak Detector, it will detect the leakage by heating the air and then be detecting if there are any Chlorine and Fluorine ions in the air. The speed of detection using this method is pretty fast. The Fieldpiece SRL8 Leak Detector is very much famous in the HVAC community and used by many of the technicians due to portability and the Fast Detection rates.
Features of Fieldpiece Heated Diode Leak Detector – SRL8
- The filter at the tip of the detection tip will prevent any dust or the moisture to clog the sensor of this Detector.
- Quick Setup is one of the best features of this Leak Detector. You can power up and set up this Leak Detector to check the leakage within 30 seconds.
- This tool supports the Manual and Automatic Zeroing between the two detection cycles every 2 seconds.
- The Long-Lasting and powerful battery of the Fieldpiece Heated Diode Leak Detector will last for two days of continuous days. A Pretty useful feature if you are working in remote areas.
- This Refrigerant Leak Detector comes in a rugged casing, which protects it from the harsh environment. Also, the Magnetic Hanger is helpful if you want to hang it on any metal surface.
- This Leak Detector supports the three sensitivity levels, i.e., 0.1oz/yr to 6.6oz/yr.
- You can get additional accessories with this Leak Detector like the O Rings, Replacement Sensor Filter, and flexible Extension cord.
Most of the HVAC technicians who are using the Fieldpiece Heated Diode Leak Detector gave positive reviews about the accuracy and the rigidity of this tool.
2.LotFancy HFC CFC Leak Detector Refrigerant Halogen Review (R134a R410a R22a)
If you are looking for any low-cost Refrigerant leak detector, then this LotFancy indicator is the one for you. The compact design of this leak detector is its plus point.
The LotFancy Leak Detector comes with the flexible hose with the Detector sensors on the tip of it. The Hose is covered with the Stainless steel for flexibility and durability. The LotFancy leak detector has the Sensitivity adjustment dial, which allows you to adjust the sensitivity. Once the sensor detects the refrigerant in the air, it’ll trigger a buzzer. The LotFancy Leak Detector is powered by the two AA sized batteries. With the power, this detector sucks air inside the housing and passes it through the sensors and other electrical components to analyze if there is any refrigerant leaked into the air.
This Leak Detector is compact and sturdy for long-term use. Also, as it is small and powered by the DC electricity, this Leak Detector is suitable for operations in remote areas.
Features of LotFancy HFC CFC Leak Detector
- Powered by two AA-size batteries. Suitable for use in Remote Areas.
- Based on Heated Diode Technology for faster Leakage Detection
- The Hose is made of Stainless Steel and very flexible.
- Sensitivity for detecting the Leakage can be adjusted with the On-body dial.
3.Signstek Portable AC Refrigerant Halogen Gas Leakage Detector Review
Signstek Portable AC Refrigerant Halogen Gas Leak Detector is yet another leak detector which is made for the Technicians with a very low budget. The Signstek Portable AC Refrigerant Halogen Gas Leak Detector is a compact and straightforward Leak Detector in the mid-range price tag.
The Mengshen Leak Detector sucks the sample of surrounding air using the flexible hose, and the heated diode sensor investigates the sample for any refrigerant indications. If found, the LED included will light up to indicate the leak. The Signstek Portable AC Refrigerant Halogen Gas Leak Detector gets the Low/High sensitivity adjustment dial for detecting the gas in different concentrations. Additionally, with every usage, the Detector will reset automatically to avoid any false readings.
As Signstek Portable AC Refrigerant Halogen Gas Leak Detector runs on the DC power from 2AA batteries, we have to be careful about not leaving it idle for a long time. Due to this Mengshen Leak Detector comes with Auto ON/OFF feature, which will turn OFF the detector if not used for a long time. If you are on a low budget, then this is a wonderful choice for you.
Features of Signstek Portable AC Refrigerant Halogen Gas Leakage Detector.
- Flexible stainless steel probe can reach to almost any tight space.
- Detects All Common Refrigerant Classes Such As CFCs, HCFCs, and HFCs
- Real-time sensitivity.
4.INFICON TEK-Mate 705-202-G1 Refrigerant Leak Detector Review
The INFICON TEK-Mate Leak Detector is one of the only leak detectors with the High-Temperature Ceramic substrate sensor capable of detecting CFCs, HFCs, and all types of CFC and HFC Blends that are harmful to the environment. This Leak Detector is suitable to detect small-scale leaks and also the industrial leaks efficiently.
The Inficon TEK-Mate Leak Detector is based on the Heated Diode technology for detecting the Leakage. The Diode is made up of the Ceramic Substrate, which makes it easy to detect the refrigerant quickly.
Feature of INFICON TEK-Mate 705-202-G1 Leak Detector
- The High Sensitive Ceramic substrate sensor to detect any refrigerant leak.
- Can detect all type of Refrigerants like CFC, HFC, HCFC, and their blends.
- You can adjust the sensitivity while detecting the leak.
- The Indicator LED lights up when the Detector detects any leak in the air.
- The flexible hose at the top of the Detector gives it accessibility in the compact areas.
The INFICON TEK-Mate Refrigerant Leak Detector is an excellent mid-ranged Leak Detector for an HVAC Technician.
5.Robinair TIFXL – 1A Refrigerant Leak Detector Review
The Robinair TIFXL – 1A Leak Detector is most advanced than all of the refrigerant leak detectors. This Leak Detector makes use of advanced Microprocessor technology to detect the leakage of the wide variety of refrigerants including R134, R410, etc.
The Robinair TIFXL-1A Leak detector has a comfortable and ergonomic design, which makes it easier to carry around. As it is portable and powered by a DC power source, you can take it to the Remote areas for leak detection. The Robinair TIFXL -1A Leak Detector has an extremely high Sampling frequency, so you’ll be able to detect the leakage within a few seconds.
Features of Robinair TIFXL -1A Refrigerant Leak Detector
- The Extra-Long probe with a sensor detects all of the refrigerants including the Halogenated refrigerants easily.
- The Extreme Sensitivity of this Leak Detector allows you to detect the smallest amount of leakage in the air.
- The Detector has the ergonomic and comfortable design with the Portable and Long-lasting battery power source.
- The Robinair TIFXL -1A Leak Detector high sampling frequency, which makes leak detection faster than any other tool.
The Robinair TIFXL -1A is a reasonably priced leak detector in its price range.
6.Robinair 22791 InfraRed Refrigerant Leak Detector Review
Another Refrigerant Leak Detector from the Robinair is here. Unlike the other Heated Diode Leak Detectors, the Robinair 22791 uses the Infrared technology to find the refrigerants. With the Infrared technology, Robinair 22791 Leak Detector can find any refrigerant leak within a few seconds.
The Infrared sensor of this leak detector has a life expectancy of a minimum of ten years. So, you can make use of this leak detector for almost ten years. The Robinair 22791 Leak Detector Comes with Visual and Audio indicators to alarm when the leakage is detected.
The sturdy and compact design combined with the magnetic hanger helps the technicians to use this detector in remote spaces and hang it on any metal surface whenever they want. Not just the compact design, but the Rechargeable Lithium-ion Battery, which lasts for 8 hours of continuous usage helps the technicians to use it in the remote areas where electricity is not present.
If you are looking for an expensive and high-end tool to detect any advanced leakage of refrigerants.
7.Bacharach Informant 2 Dual Purpose Leak Detector Review
The Bacharach is a known company manufacturing High-end and expensive Leak Detectors. The Bacharach Informant 2 Dual Purpose Leak Detector not just finds the Refrigerant leaks but also identifies the combustible fumes leakage. This Leak Detector is helpful for detecting the Refrigerant escapes and any flammable leaks to avoid any mishaps.
This is a Dual Purpose Leak Detector and may be switched to detect combustibles and Refrigerants within several seconds. You have to modify the tip of this detector to discover the exact refrigerants or the combustibles. The Bacharach Informant 2 Leak Detector comes with two adjustable probes, which will allow you to reach in the regions to find the leakage.
This leak detector gets its power the 4AA batteries, which will power it around for almost 4-5 hours of continuous use. If You’re going to utilize it for a long time, It is much better to get spare batteries for the crisis.
With the rapid response time of 2/10th of a second and audio/visual feedback after detecting the leakage is the best thing about this leak detector. The life expectancy of the Refrigerant sensor is ten years, and for the combustible sensor, it is five years.
8.CPS LS1 Leak-Seeker I Refrigerant Leak Detector Review: Best for commercial use
The CPS LS1 is a new-gen product that features E_MOS detection technology which has revolutionized the industry. This technology makes the refrigerant leak detectors more sensitive, accurate, and stable as compared to any other such models (i.e. in a similar price or specs range).
This model here has left behind all sorts of leak detection methods including infrared, ultrasonic, heated diode, and more. Further elaborating its features, the CPS LS1 Leak-Seeker I Refrigerant Leak Detector boasts of 500-hour sensor life along with 50 hours of uninterrupted battery backup. The sensitivity is said to be constant throughout its shelf life, and it is more of a commercial use product. The sensor is controlled with a microprocessor which offers precise readings on its LED display and also, in turn, reduces any false alarms. Also, it is more of a mid-range instrument, so many professionals and homeowners prefer having this one in their tool kit.
Features of CPS LS1 Leak-Seeker I Refrigerant Leak Detector
- It is designed for both commercial and automotive usage.
- It incorporates E_MOS detection technology.
- The detector is designed and assembled in the USA.
- It can detect a range of refrigerants including CFC, HFC, HCFC, HFO, NH3, and HC, etc.
- The unit also has an intuitive LED display.
- It performs optimally under varied conditions.
This one, in particular, is built by the technicians, for the technicians offering a comprehensive range of leak detection solutions.
9.Bacharach H-10 Pro Refrigerant Leak Detector Review
In comparison with the older model, this Bacharach Refrigerant Leak Detector is pretty much everything you might want. It is better, more advanced, and top-notch. The detector works effectively to sense leakage in the desired areas and acts more like a sniffer type instrument. With this model, you may be able to find just the active leaks, so it is not a preventive maintenance tool.
However, each time you use it, the readings are quite specific. So, you do not have to worry about false alarms or inaccurate numbers – this model is better known for its precision, and you will certainly find it useful even in the long term. Just make sure the tip remains moisture-free, and it will work without any nuisances.
Furthermore, it is designed to detect HFC, CFC, and HCFC refrigerants along with offering dual power functionality for uninterrupted usage. The probe tip also has an LED indicator plus the instrument incorporates internal speakers, so both the functions allow visual and audio signals to keep you better informed. It is a product that technicians trust, so you cannot go wrong at it.
Features of Bacharach H-10 Refrigerant Leak Detector
- The H-10 Pro is highly sensitive and a universal refrigerant leak detector.
- It is a US-made leak detector.
- Audio and visual indicators signal leaks in places that are hard to reach.
- It comes with rechargeable batteries along with a wall adaptor.
- Internal calibration sensors ensure optimal performance.
- The detector picks up leaks that may be happening in the air.
- It can detect halogen-based, non-flammable CFC, HFC and HCFC refrigerants.
The Bacharach H-10 Pro Refrigerant Leak Detector is an ultra-sensitive instrument that is certainly a bit expensive but worth every penny.
#How to Choose the Best HVAC Refrigerant Freon Leak Detector: Best Buying Guide
One must apply the utmost caution while choosing the best HVAC refrigerant Freon leak detection methods. There definitely are numerous ways of identifying the exposure levels, but, here’s how you can pick the right method – choose the best HVAC refrigerant Freon leak detector. We bring to you the best buying guide for HVAC refrigerant Freon leak detector. Look out for the following aspects when purchasing the best HVAC refrigerant Freon leak detector:
If the detector isn’t durable enough, there’s no use of investing in the same. It must remain operational for as long as it declares on the manual (at least). If you feel the quality isn’t up to the mark, choose another model.
Since HVAC refrigerant Freon leak detectors vary in price, it totally depends on the purpose as well as your budget as to which model you’d want to go for. Usually, the price starts at $30 and goes up to around $500.
Type of Detectors
Majorly, there are four types of refrigerant leak detectors namely corona discharge, ultrasonic, infrared, and heated diode. Other than these, there is halide as well as fluorescent (UV) leak detectors. Therefore, choose the one that’s best suited as per your requirement.
It is important to maintain the equipment since it is obvious. However, make sure the apparatus doesn’t require you to do a lot in the name of maintenance. Read the manufacturer’s instructions on how to keep up with the detector in the long run so you do not have to invest a lot of time, money, and energy.
#How Do Refrigerant Freon Leak Detectors Work?
Here is how refrigerant Freon leak detectors work:
Apart from the electronic detection, keep your eyes open – visual leak detection must not be underestimated. Once you suspect a trickle, get the detector into work and make sure it operates the right way. Start by moving the HVAC refrigerant Freon leak detector in constant motion over the area of leakage. Move the detector back and forth. If you are in the right location, the detector would zero out in a jiffy. Since refrigerants are heavier than air, you may also feel some unusual coldness in and around the target area. Even that’s a quick indicator for you. Also, do not depend on technology alone – use other methods of detection. In fact, a combination proves much reliable.
In the case of electronic leak detectors, these work on the basis of identifying the acoustics of the leak since it produces some amount of sound. The frequency either comes from high pressure or low-pressure pipes. These are then picked up by the device from the location of leakage. The signals registered are then transmitted over the security system to take note of and be fixed as soon as possible.
#Conclusion | Best HVAC Refrigerant Freon Leak Detectors Review
These are some of the Best Refrigerant Leak Freon Detectors ranging in the different price ranges. If you are looking for a worthy companion to detect the residential and industrial leakages, then you should use any of these leak detectors. These Leak Detectors are the best addition to the HVAC Technicians Toolbox.
Frequently Asked Question for Best HVAC Refrigerant Freon Leak Detectors Review– FAQs
Here are the frequently asked questions with regard to refrigerant Freon leak detection systems.
Q1. What is a leak detection test?
As the process name suggests, leak detection helps identify a leakage of liquids or gasses coming up from the refrigerant system. The test basically helps detect any manufacturing or physical defect in the system to ensure customer safety.
Q2. What gases can I test?
Usually, such detectors help identify the leakage of gases including helium, argon, nitrogen, and more.
Q3. What are common leak detection methods?
UV dyes – The ultraviolet method works with a UV dye as well as a UV light to ensure system performance.
Soap & water solution – Make use of a simple soap and water solution to look out for any leaks. Bubble formation will indicate the refrigerant escape and it further requires no special equipment.
Electronic detection – Electronic detectors help detect leakage.
Q4. Is a refrigerant Freon leak detector expensive?
The detectors aren’t too expensive. These range from $30 and go up to around $500. Both cheaper, as well as expensive models, differentiate on the basis of their purpose, life expectancy, material quality, and more.
Q5. Is a refrigerant Freon leak detector reliable?
Of course! These ensure a quick and efficient operation. Also, you can easily detect CFCs, HFCs as well as the blends to keep up with the system performance and your safety.